Re: [gnome-db]Problem compiling with oracle

On 19 Jun 2001 12:19:12 -0500, Bob Jones wrote:
> Gonzalo,
> I have been working on cleaning up the Oracle provider for libgda on and 
> off (mostly off) for the last 2 months or so.  What I have noticed is 
> that libgda's Oracle provider is setup to handle Oracle 8.0.x, not 8i as 
> you and I both have.  To correct this, you need to manually edit the 
> config.status file in ~/libgda-<version #>.  Approximately 1/2-2/3 way 
> through the file you will see the ORACLE_LIBS line.  I would recommend 
> using Konquerer, MidnightCommander (GNOME), or Nautilus to give you a 
> tree view of the files in your $ORA_HOME/lib directory.  With both the 
> editor and directory view open, edit the config.status file to to place 
> an 8 at the end of the lib files that correspond (eg. from -lserver to 
> -lserver8, -lcommon to -lcommon8, etc).  Remove any lib entries in 
> config.status that have no corresponding matches in the $ORA_HOME/lib 
> directory, save it and re-run make.  This should compile and run just fine.
oops, I checked in the other day the patch sent by Robert (from which
was supposed to work for Oracle 8i, and not for 8.0.x. It seems I did
something wrong, so please, Bob, if you could send me a patch for the
current libgda CVS to make the Oracle provider work for 8i (no matter if
it does not work for 8.0.x, since it seems nobody uses it), I'll put it.

Sorry for not checking if it worked before releasing, but as I said, I
don't have a Oracle installation right now. Maybe one of these days,
I'll dare to download the 500 MB file :-(

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> - <rodrigo ximian com> -

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]