Re: [gnome-db]Problem compiling with oracle

Gonzalo,

I have been working on cleaning up the Oracle provider for libgda on and off (mostly off) for the last 2 months or so. What I have noticed is that libgda's Oracle provider is setup to handle Oracle 8.0.x, not 8i as you and I both have. To correct this, you need to manually edit the config.status file in ~/libgda-<version #>. Approximately 1/2-2/3 way through the file you will see the ORACLE_LIBS line. I would recommend using Konquerer, MidnightCommander (GNOME), or Nautilus to give you a tree view of the files in your $ORA_HOME/lib directory. With both the editor and directory view open, edit the config.status file to to place an 8 at the end of the lib files that correspond (eg. from -lserver to -lserver8, -lcommon to -lcommon8, etc). Remove any lib entries in config.status that have no corresponding matches in the $ORA_HOME/lib directory, save it and re-run make. This should compile and run just fine.

Bob