Re: [gnome-db]GDAReport status

On 07 Jun 2001 02:34:43 +0200, David Marín Carreño wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> A lot of questions:
>
> 1) I'd like to know about the status of GdaReport engine.
> Has its development been started? Is GdaReport a priority for 0.3.x ?

yes, it's started, but does not work yet. In fact, the whole report
client lib is implemented (not tested though), so the only missing part
is the engine.

> 2) Where can I get more information (documentation) about XML queries?
>    Has anyone measure the loss of eficiency produced by using XML queries
>    instead of native SQL?

the only info you can get about the XML queries is on the source code,
well, and some docs, in libgda/lib/gda-common/gda-xml-query.
About the efficiency problems, yes we're aware. But this is not a
problem, since you can always use SQL if that's what you want. XML
queries are optional, and will be used in places where we don't know
anything about the underlying database (DB designer, export/import,
query designer, etc).
But, as I said, you can always use SQL if you want.

> We slowly continue with ASPL Fact, a billing and stock-managing
> program. We have finished the database design, and we are about to finish
> the design of data-managing modules.
>
> We hope to have a first preview in October (with a bit of luck...), and we
> must know the answer to these questions: we must make some final
> design decisions.

BTW, did you get my mail about the GDA::Listener interface? This could be the
solution for the logger you wanted to implement.

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/