RE: [gnome-db]Solaris 8 install

On 06 Jun 2001 10:20:08 -0400, Mak, Donald (IBK-NJ) wrote:
>  Thanks,
>
> I have gnome db 0.2.3 and I checked and there are ofa files.
>
> I ran gnone db fe again. When I select manager to enter a new connection
> it keeps telling me no providers defined. When I click on Providers there are none defined.
>
> So first how do I add an Oracle provider?

ok, so the problem is that you only installed libgda and gnome-db, but none of
the GDA providers.
If you want to use Oracle, you'll have to compile from sources, since the Oracle
provider is not packaged. Just be sure to get the libgda & gnome-db 0.2.9 sources
(from http://www.gnome-db.org), and, first compile libgda by using:

./configure --prefix=$prefix_for_oaf --with-oracle=yes

then, compile gnome-db, and go to the manager tab, and just click 'New'. A wizard
will appear that will guide you through all the steps.

and, don't hesitate to tell us if you find any other problem, so that we fix it.

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/