Re: [gnome-db]Hi...

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 02:08:42AM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> ok, the problem is that it does not open the connection. So, could you open
> a terminal and execute there 'gdb gda-mysql-srv' and set up a breakpoint
> on gda_mysql_connection_open, and when it stops there, execute step by
> step, and send me what you get?

	Okay... Rodrigo, I am trying to do it here, but I am getting some
troubbles... May you help me?
	First, I would like to ask you a question... The libgda I am using was
compiled by the source I got from cvs. I executed configure with only the
option --prefix=/usr:
./autogen
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
	However, I didn't set anything to mysql provider be compiled... Is it
right? Should I have done something?
	When I tried debug gda_mysql_connection_open, I got the following
error:
(no debugging symbols found)...(gdb) list 'gda_mysql_connection_open'
No line number information available for address 0x804a5ac
<gda_mysql_connection_open>
(gdb)
	But whem I compiled libgda, I verified that the -g option was used.

	What can be happening?

	I would like to join soon on gnome-db and glade projects, but I am
still learning bonobo and ORBIT. I am no experienced with CORBA. However, I
would like so much if I could help you with this problems on gnome-db and gda.
Do you have alredy a todo for gnome-db/gda? I didn't found one on site...
	I am studing gnome-db and gda sources now, It is being a little hard
to understand bonobo and CORBA parts, but I will be knowing the source soon.
So, I wait I may try to help you with bug fixing.

	Regards,

	Marcelo.

--
Marcelo Elias Del Valle    UIN: 30595143
marceloelias iname com http://mlinuxer.cjb.net MLinuxer