Re: [gnome-db]Hi...

On 02 Jul 2001 18:26:04 -0300, Marcelo Elias Del Valle wrote:
> Hi.
>
> > hmm, go to the manager tab and press the second button on the small
> > toolbar ('Edit selected data source'), and tell me what is there on the
> > DSN entry widget
>
> There is the following:
> localhost;DATABASE=electricengclub;USERNAME=root

ok, the problem is localhost. It should be HOST=localhost;... I'll have
a look to see what's failing. But, for the moment, you can change it
yourself in that same dialog.

> > > 	Also... Can I use gda on my applications to access data from a
> > > database (To obtain a GdaRecordset or a connected provider) without need to directly use
> > > CORBA?
> > well, you can't use it without CORBA, as CORBA is a key piece of the
> > whole architecture. But you can use the wrapper libraries
> > (libgda-client), which hide (almost) all the CORBA usage
> Yes, but to create a gdaconnection, I need to pass a CORBA object to
> constructor... Is there some example code to have a DBGrib filled with data
> from a mysql table? What should I do first?

ah, ok, the parameter to gda_connection_new is a bad design decision,
and will be removed in the next versions. But you can do:

GdaConnection *cnc = gda_connection_new (gda_corba_get_orb ());

to fill the grid:

gulong reccount;
GdaRecordset *recset = gda_connection_execute (cnc, "select * from
table", &reccount);
gnome_db_grid_set_recordset (grid, recset);