Re: building RPMs

El 02 Jan 2001 20:28:44 +0100, Rodrigo Moya escribió:
> Hi all!
>

> well, I've been thinking about this for some days: I don't have at the
> moment any RH machine (I've switched recently my 3 machines to Debian,
> and I'm not going to change them for a long time, because Debian is
> great), so as I said some time ago, I'm building the RPMs in a Debian
> machine. It seems that in the last releases, people have been finding
> problems with them, so I'm calling for a volunteer to take over the job
> of generating the RPMs and SRPMs.
>
> To do it, you'll just need:
> * a RH machine, either 6.2 or 7.0, although it would be wonderful to
> have packages for both
> * postgresql-devel, mysql-devel, unixodbc (http://www.unixodbc.org)
> * bonobo >= 0.30
> * oaf >= 0.6
> * GConf >= 0.9
> * gtkhtml
> * docbook (db2html)
> * gnome-libs, gtk, libxml-1.8, etc
>

> it's not too much if you're running a GNOME desktop. So, I was thinking
> about Carlos (:-)), who volunteered himself for doing the packages for
> RH 7. I don't know, Carlos, if you can generate packages for both
> versions in a RH 7 machine, or maybe you've got a 6.2 machine? or maybe
> somebody else wants to help on this?

Well, I could make the RH 7.0 RPMS, but I only have one 6.2 version
(well it's a HispaFuentes 7.0), it's TorresQuevedo, where gnome-db.org
is hosted, but it will be (in about a month) a RedHat 7.0 (or perhaps a
Debian, i don't know ;-).

I don't know if I could do the RH 6.2 RPMS on my RH 7.0 work station,
ideas?