[gnome-db]Re: libgda and php4?

On 08 Feb 2001 00:02:03 +0100, Pau wrote:
> Acesso fácil, rápido e ilimitado? Suporte 24hs? R$19,90?
> Só no AcessoBOL. http://www.bol.com.br/acessobol/
>

> Are you working on this? I wanted to start the project and I'd like to
> know If you have started it as suggested in the list.
>
> Thank you
> Pau

Hi Pau,
Jorge,
And all Gnome-Db Hackers,

I'm sorry for taking so long to reply, but your email got lost
in my bad set up evolution filters... I only saw it now as I was
doing some clean up in my mail box.

Well, regarding the php+libgda stuff, I did started "working"  on it.
Let me explain: I had this great desire to use libgda from php,
but, to code that myself, I had to get more intimate to a couple of
different APIs and architectures. So I bought myself a couple of
books: "Web Application Development With PHP 4.0" which is
giving me a great insight view of PHP's internals (the last chapter
of this book is available at www.zend.net). I also bought "MySQL'
by Paul DuBois (published by NewRiders). I have just finished reading
this and started using mysql's c API to get more familiar with it, cause
when I tried to use libgda, it always failed miserably because of the
incompleteness og the mysql provider. To learn a bit about libgda, I
translated the Manual to Brazilian Portuguese.

My personal plan is to get more acquainted with the MySQL C API,
try to fix gda-mysql, and then start to add a PHP interface to libgda.

I know the project cannot and should not wait for me. I don't even want
that. But I'd like to be involved and help as much as I can. I haven't got
any useful code written for the project, but if you need to exchange questions
I might be able to help somewhere.

So, please count on me, but don't wait for me!!!
Cheers!!!