Re: [gnome-db] sybase provider

On Tue, 2001-12-04 at 23:46, mr mike wrote:
> hello all,
>
> i've had some time to burn this week, so i've been hacking the sybase
> provider for the gnome 2 version of libgda.
>
> attached is a diff to enable building of the sybase provider.  I've also
> attached some new files that need to be added to CVS.
>
> I haven't been able to test it just yet, because the gda-test program
> can't seem to find my DSN entries i've defined with the gnome 1.4
> version of the gnome-db front end.

yes, as soon as I fix a problem in the component loading, you'll be able
to create them from the FE.

> Would it be ok to use the default provider as the model for the sybase
> provider, or should I wait for the MySQL version to be finished?

yes, both the default and MySQL providers are the model on where you can
base yourself. Keep an eye on the changes on them so that you can
continue to hack on the Sybase provider as we progress on the other 2.

BTW, if you find weird or broken things, it's now the best time to say
it :-)

committed

Thanks a lot