Re: [gnome-db]Freeing field object

On Tue, 2001-08-21 at 11:48, Kuba wrote:
> Can anybody tell me, how is it that nowhere is freed GdaField object (eg. returned from gda_recordset_field_idx?).
>  I looked into gnome-db code and I found nowhere call to gda_field_free. What's going on?

that's because the GdaField's returned by gda_recordset_field_idx are
managed internally by the GdaRecordset object, so what this function
returns is a reference to an internal pointer, that does not need (and
should not) be freed by the application, but is freed by the
GdaRecordset object in its destroy function.

Maybe it should be explicitly noted in the function signature by having
it return a const GdaField?