Re: First IDL proposal

> > Well, here you have my first proposal to the gdareport's IDL.
> >
> > It's only a skeleton, it isn't ended.
> >
> > As you could see, it's very similar to the report's DTD.
> >
> > Please feel free to ask me about it :-)
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > P.S.: Rodrigo, should i upload it into libgda's cvs module although it's
> > unfinished?
> >
> one question, why do you need all of the report's objects (as defined in
> the DTD) in the IDL. The IDL, IMO, should be kept as simple as possible.
> Then, either in the report-client lib or in a common lib for both the
> report engine and the clients, you'll add functions to manage the XML
> report file.

Well, i agree with you about the needed of a simple IDL file, but I
thought that if we don't put the report objects at the IDL, how could
communicate the report client with the report server, i mean. If we only
do export tasks (to PS, PDF, XML ...) we don't need this objects,
because the server part will do the work by us, but, if we need to
render it with a GnomeCanvas or gnome-print-preview, or other front-end,
we need the objects and this way we have all the objects at the server
side. Please correct me if i'm wrong, because i'm learning CORBA at this
moment.

This way the client side has an abstraction for the XML side of the
report and the data refresh and other things like this ones could be
done much more better.

> cheers

P.S.: Should i assume that you agree with the use of BonoboObject?

Bye.