RE: Using gnome-db in Glade

> >===== Original Message From Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo linuxave net> =====
> >> Brings us back to question of downloading or installing from CVS?
> >>
> >yes, get glade from CVS, you're using an old tarball (I know because of
> >the glade-0.5.9 name of the directory). So, please get it from CVS,
> >since I did some changes the other day that make it work with the
> >current version of GNOME-DB (CVS also). Remember that to compile
> >gnome-db:
> >

> Guess I'll have to appear dense in this business, but I haven't the slightest
> idea what I should do at the CVS site.  Do I download the individual source
> files and what else.  What directories do I put them in.  Isn't there an auto
> download process.
>
> Assume that my drives are completely void of anything Glade or gnome-db.
> How do I get to the point of executing your following instructions.

ok, to download from CVS, you must first login to the CVS server:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome login

when it asks for a password, just press ENTER.

then, download glade and gnome-db sources:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome checkout
gnome-db glade

this will create 2 directories in your current directory: gnome-db and
glade. Next step is what I said in the previous message:

> >cd gnome-db/libgda
> >./autogen.sh
> >make && make install
> >cd ..
> >./autogen.sh
> >make && make install
> >
> >then, do the same for glade.

that is:

cd glade
./autogen.sh
make && make install

if you've got any problem with CVs, tell me and I'll send them to you.