Re: Access like Application

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 09:31:52PM -0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > Hallo
> >
> About the MS Access stuff, the basic one is implemented in the gnomedb-fe
> application. It includes a SQL window, a DB browser, a DB designer, a log
> viewer, etc.
>
> The other thing that really interests me is the integration with glade. I've
> been looking for somebody to help on this for centuries. What must be done
> is to extend the current GNOME-DB integration in Glade, since right now
> is almost useless. Again, it would be kool if you did this.
>
> As a note, on the Glade TODO list there is something about exporting the Glade
> interface through CORBA/Bonobo, so you may want to use this for your
> extra application you tal about (or the GNOME-DB builder, which is one
> thing I had also in mind)

This is the kind of thing I'm making at the moment for gASQL: the philosophy is
this one:
1- create graphical SELECT
2- create forms for these queries (gASQL creates UPTADE/DELETE/INSERT queries
   from the SELECT one the user made)
3- use the forms in gASQL, or use it in another program as a bonobo controls.

I'm willing to use glade to build the forms (when the bonobo interface is
available), and also later integrate the bonobo forms in glade.

Cheers,