Re: Access like Application

Artur,

> > I plan to develop an FormServer as Gnome Applikation.
> > The Idea: Code DB-Forms as Architecture-Independent XML-Files.
> > The FormServers (programmes in Java, C++, Tcl) can display them.

GNUe Forms does something very similar on a larger (multi tier) scale.
Perhaps its worth looking at to see if you really need to create
something similar.

> > Mail me if you work for such application (DB-Forms).
> > I mean such as MS Access, Lotus Approach, dBase
> > I don't want to develop it twice.

GNUe isnt access its a LOT more.  Its much more applications that
database.  libGDA is nice enough to database stuff for us so we dont
have to worry about it. :)

> a form generator/builder is one of the things that are on the TODO list. In
> fact, if you get the CVS version, there is a directory (builder/) where an
> IDE for all this DB-related things should take place.

Our CVS tree is working and growing very nicely.  Though you might be
looking for something more like access.

> About the MS Access stuff, the basic one is implemented in the gnomedb-fe
> application. It includes a SQL window, a DB browser, a DB designer, a log
> viewer, etc.

I have spoken to you on this as well.  I do not think the forms part of
access is what is needed, but rather the query tools portion.  GNUe can
do forms well and we are working on reports too.  Neither of those
things should have been in access anyhow. :)

> The other thing that really interests me is the integration with glade. I've
> been looking for somebody to help on this for centuries. What must be done
> is to extend the current GNOME-DB integration in Glade, since right now
> is almost useless. Again, it would be kool if you did this.

That would be a good thing yes. :)

Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise
http://www.gnue.org