Re: License Stuff

rodrigo linuxave net wrote:

> bob thestuff net wrote:
>
> > Could libgda be relicensed lgpl like most of the rest of gnome? the
> > backends can stay gpl, but if libgda is lgpled, problems like that should
> > be resolved.

libgda is now LGPL.

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=gnome-db/lib/gnome-db-browser.c&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome

In my opinion the ideal situation could be to
have all the code, libraries included under GPL, but this is not
possible nowdays. So we have to use the LGPL until we are sure that
with GPL we don't miss the target: make the best free software.

Cheers

-- Alvaro