Re: No gnome_db.gnorba file

Jason Morehouse wrote:

> I've been able to install gnome-db fine now (thanks for the help!) but I'm
> now getting "Could not open CORBA factory" when using gda-fe to connect to
> a local mysql database.
>
> Reviewing the list archives I've seen people with the same problem, and
> the advice is to place the gnome_db.gnorba file in the correct place
> (/etc/CORBA/servers).  I can't for the life of me find this file.
>
> gda-mysql-0.1.0-1.i386  & gnome-db-0.1.0-1.i386 (RPMs) are on my system.

release 0.1.0 does not use anymore GNORBA, but OAF, which is the new
GNOME Object Activation Framework. So, there is no *.gnorba file. You should
instead look for *.oafinfo files, which should be in:

$(oaf_prefix)/share/oaf/

you can get the OAF directory by running:

oaf-config --prefix

so, check if a gda-mysql.oafinfo is been installed there. If not, gda-mysql
RPM installs this file in /usr/share/oaf, so copy it to the
$(oaf_prefix)/share/oaf/ directory.