Re: Message bug in libgda

Hi!

On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 01:38:15PM -0400, Brian Bruns wrote:
> Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 13:38:15 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Brian Bruns <camber ais org>
> To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo linuxave net>
> Cc: holger gidayu max uni-duisburg de, gnome-db-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: Message bug in libgda
>

> TDS is the name of the protocol (Tabular DataStream). The library would be
> either dblib or ctlib (together known as OpenClient).
>
> The only possible problem is most people aren't familiar with the protocol
> name (much as if you listed the oracle client under 'SQLNet').  So
> perhaps the documentation should have listings for both Sybase and MS SQL
> and point them at the gda-tds-provider.

I don't know how cvs handles symlinks, because i've never used them before.

On freetds there would remain two technical question about the tds protocol
versions: In the FAQ i read you need to compile it with tds v4.2 support in
order to access MS SQL or Sybase prior to 10.0.0.

1.) If someone would use it with the gda-tds-srv (or whatever it
    is called later), he could just use both MS SQL and Sybase with the
    provider if he chose v4.2 protocol, right?
2.) Would Sybase after version 10.0.0 be accessible via the old tds protocol
    (i.e. 4.2), too, or is e.g. tds 7.0 not downwards compatible?

Ciao,

  Holger Thon