Re: Message bug in libgda

On 8 Oct 2000, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> yes, I think that the name should be changed to gda-tds-provider (is tds
> the correct name of the protocol/library?). So, please Holger, feel free
> to do so as soon as you get your CVS account.

TDS is the name of the protocol (Tabular DataStream). The library would be
either dblib or ctlib (together known as OpenClient).

The only possible problem is most people aren't familiar with the protocol
name (much as if you listed the oracle client under 'SQLNet').  So
perhaps the documentation should have listings for both Sybase and MS SQL
and point them at the gda-tds-provider.

Brian