Re: CVS accounts

> Yes, I received the notification a week ago or so, but I've been pretty busy
> lately (work + studies + olympics games :), and I will be (*very*) busy at
> least until 16/09...
>
> Anyway, I've been thinking a bit about the "Add a new GDA Datasource" dialog
> box.  For some reason, it's a bit confusing to me... I start to write all
> the required data, and when I've finished, I click in the "New" button, that
> (of course) erases all the data.  (Yes, you can say: "it's your fault!
> You've to click in to the "Save" button" but anyway I think that it's a bit
> confusing)

yes, you're right, it's my fault.

> In addition, if we add all the DSN fields to the GUI, we will end with a
> mess.
>
> Would you have any problem if I change this dialog box to something else
> (say a gnome-druid?).  I have a glade file with a quick prototype.
>
> Could you take a look and say me what do you think?  (the third page of the
> gnome-druid is for the dsn stuff, so it has to be generated in a dynamic
> fashion, with the feedback of the gda source).

well, the idea I had myself is to have a list of available parameters
(for the DSN) for each provider. Then, to have a button next to the DSN
text entry, which, when clicked, will dynamically build a dialog box
with all the entries available for the selected provider.

I think using a glade file will not help us much, since each provider
may take different arguments, so I think it's best to have in each
oafinfo file a list of available arguments, and as i say, have the login
dialog build the DSN entry dialog box dynamically from this list.

If you agree, I'll start adding the functions for retrieving this list,
and then you can start adding the dynamic dialog box. Is that ok?