Re: debian packages in ftp.gnome-db.org

On 30 Nov 2000 20:23:55 +0900, Akira TAGOH wrote:

> RM> Hi all!
> RM> I need some advice (specially from Akira) on how to organize the debian
> RM> packages in
> RM> ftp.gnome-db.org. That is, should we just provide a FTP area, with all
> RM> version's debs,
> RM> or a good aptable source?
>
> Hmm, How many people needs it?
> if I also make the snapshot debs as you said, I will be
> uploaded it to ftp.debian.org. it just somewhat fast.

yes, that was I was thinking, that having them already in ftp.debian.org
it was maybe a waste
of time (and disk space) to have them also in ftp.gnome-db.org

> RM> Holger is going to build Akira's packages on potato, so I wonder if it's
> RM> a good idea to provide
> RM> the typical debian/dists/... tree, as Akira has done on his page.
> RM> libgda/gnome-db are
> RM> included in woody already, so maybe this will be a duplication?
>
> Is debian's potato tree provide gnome-db?
> That can't probably be here. because potato doesn't include
> bonobo, and potato's GNOME is October GNOME. it's too old.
>
> even if we provide the potato's gnome-db, I think that it
> isn't almost different from woody.

ok, so what do you suggest? to just have in ftp.gnome-db.org the woody

debs so that people can download them? or not have a debian/ directory
at all?