Re: ORBit-generated Files in libgda-0.2.0.tar.gz

> > Do you know of any way to not have them included? As you say, it would
> > solve
> > many problems not to have them in the tarball, and so be re-built.
>
> Ok. I have re-checked the problem and found out that:
> 1. All other projects include the built sources in the distribution.
> 2. The real problem is that GDA-skels.c and GDA-common.c is included in
>    the lib/gda-server directory, but GDA.h is not. Probably the problem
>    is that GDA.h is then generated and GDA-skels.c is not, and therefore
>    they are not compatible with each other when a user has another version
>    of orbit-idl that Rodrigo
> I would propose to still include the generated sources into the
> distribution,
> but make sure that _all_ of them are included.

but, yes, they're included:

bash-2.04$ tar tzf libgda-0.2.0.tar.gz | grep GDA
libgda-0.2.0/idl/GDA.idl
libgda-0.2.0/idl/GDA_Connection.idl
libgda-0.2.0/idl/GDA_Command.idl
libgda-0.2.0/idl/GDA_Parameter.idl
libgda-0.2.0/idl/GDA_Recordset.idl
libgda-0.2.0/idl/GDA_Field.idl
libgda-0.2.0/idl/GDA_Error.idl
libgda-0.2.0/lib/gda-client/GDA.h
libgda-0.2.0/lib/gda-client/GDA-stubs.c
libgda-0.2.0/lib/gda-client/GDA-common.c
libgda-0.2.0/lib/gda-server/GDA.h
libgda-0.2.0/lib/gda-server/GDA-common.c
libgda-0.2.0/lib/gda-server/GDA-skels.c
libgda-0.2.0/report/GDA_Report.h
libgda-0.2.0/report/GDA_Report-common.c
libgda-0.2.0/report/GDA_Report-stubs.c
libgda-0.2.0/report/idl/GDA_Report.idl
libgda-0.2.0/report/server/GDA_Report.h
libgda-0.2.0/report/server/GDA_Report-common.c
libgda-0.2.0/report/server/GDA_Report-skels.c

And anyway, if make finds that one of GDA.h or GDA-*.c are missing, it runs
orbit-idl and this one re-generates all the files, and not only the missing
ones.

what's exactly the error messages you're getting?