Re: ORBit-generated Files in libgda-0.2.0.tar.gz

Am Son, 26 Nov 2000 16:33:15 schrieb(en) Rodrigo Moya:
> > The libgda-0.2.0.tar.gz tarball seems to contain orbit-generated
> > files (GDA_skels.c, GDA.h etc.) which seem to cause problems when
> > compiling with ORBit-0.5.3 installed.
> >
> > I was told about a compiling error wrt some ..._ref and ..._unref
> > functions.
> >
> > I am not sure if the generated sources should be installed within
> > the tarball - you need orbit-devel to compile libgda, anyway, so
> > you have orbit-idl probably running, too.
> >
> hmm, the "problem" is that GDA* are listed in the *_SOURCES variables,
> and
> so, included when you 'make dist'.
>
> Do you know of any way to not have them included? As you say, it would
> solve
> many problems not to have them in the tarball, and so be re-built.

Ok. I have re-checked the problem and found out that:
1. All other projects include the built sources in the distribution.
2. The real problem is that GDA-skels.c and GDA-common.c is included in
   the lib/gda-server directory, but GDA.h is not. Probably the problem
   is that GDA.h is then generated and GDA-skels.c is not, and therefore
   they are not compatible with each other when a user has another version
   of orbit-idl that Rodrigo.

I would propose to still include the generated sources into the
distribution,
but make sure that _all_ of them are included.

Cheers,
--
Reinhard Müller
BYTEWISE Software GmbH