gnome-db 0.1.0

I finally got gnome-db compiled after running in circles trying to get
gnome-db and bonobo 0.28 to be friendly with gtkhtml and finally
backtracking to bonobo 0.18 and gtkhtml 0.6 just get get gnome-db up and
running. Is it safe to assume that there's not much functionality
currently in the frontend? Is the backend mature enough to write a test
app against? I need to be able to get a gnome app to connect to a db
(postgres in this case, mysql later hopefully) and do basic db things
like select, insert, delete, etc... Just how much trouble is that going
to be with gnome-db, or more accurately - with gda? Be aware that most
of my database experience draws from PHP development so I'm a bit
spoiled...

Thanks for your advice,
Mike