Re: success!

Chris Wiegand wrote:

> Hm...perhaps, however, a) configuration and flexibility is usually a Good
> Thing (tm), b) some people may want to speed up their compile time, and c)
> that's almost like saying that if you detect MySQL on their machine, then go
> ahead and compile the mysql provider (maybe you do, in which case it's a bad
> argument).

For the providers, you MUST specify the --with-mysql (or postgres...) to
have this provider compiled, but I must confess that I wanted to have
them compiled if they were detected, for one reason: usually myself,
when I compile a piece of code which I don't know too much about, I
just:

./configure
make
make install

And if somebody does the same with gnome-db, he/she will have no
providers compiled at all, and he/she will drop the code away, since
it's useless without a provider.

Of course, when you know what the software is going to do, you use flags
(as I do myself now to compile Bonobo with oaf instead of libgnorba).

> I don't care myself too much, but others might. You could make it a
> --disable-compile-binding-cpp or somesuch and make it an opt-out sort of
> thing...
>
> In the end it's up to you, of course, just thought I should bring the point
> up.

Well, it's up to us, not only me. What other people think?