Re: gnome_db_control_widget

On ven, 12 mai 2000, you wrote:
> Vivien Malerba wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've modified a bit the work you made on the GnomeDbControlWidget. Tell me if
> > you think the functions I added are the right thing to do. I've also modified
> > the gnome-db controls browser as well to use the new lib.
> >
> > If you think it is OK, then on monday I will finish to modify the Postgres
> > controls (properties,...) and then you can make a new release, no?
> >
> Well, you should do it more generic, as this GnomeDbControlWidget is not
> only to be used with config components. So, instead of adding a function
> for each of the properties, I would add generic functions to set/get
> properties, and then in the programs making use of the class, you
> explicitly set the needed properties.

Ok, then how about adding a function to tell if a component supports a property
(the same way I did with the static function is_prop_supported()), and two
generic functions to which we pass the GnomeDbControlWidget, the property
name the argument.

void gnome_db_control_widget_get_prop(GnomeDbControlWidget *wid, const gchar
*prop_name, ...);
void gnome_db_control_widget_set_prop(GnomeDbControlWidget *wid, const gchar
*prop_name, ...);

The ... MUST be ONE argument for both functions.
the set function will require the arg to be of type gboolean, gchar *,...
and for the get function of type gboolean*, gchar**, ...

> I will commit very soon what I've done with the GnomeDbControl class and
> then you can see how I've done this.

Ok!

Maybe we could even #define some very usefull property names like
#define GNOME_DB_CONTROL_PROP_DSN "dsn"
etc.

Cheers,

Vivien

PS: do you think I should add any functionnalities to the gnome-db control
browser or is it enough like that?