Re: components

> > If I understand what you are saying then the config would
> > be triggered by a call to the (in this case) gda-odbc-srv ?
> >

> Yes, I think this is the way it works. The client need to have a container, and
> in this container puts the component directly provided by the provider
> (gda-*-srv), so each provider can put specific information in its component.

Well, I was thinking to have the components in separate processes, not in the
gda-*-srv, since this will add a dependency on bonobo for the providers, and as
we'll be moving to OAF when it's ready (OAF is the libgnorba replacement), which
is X-independent, we don't want to do this.

But, as Vivien suggested, I'll place the GnomeDbComponent class in a separate
library. libgdacomponents?

Then, in the config components you'll be able to use any RDBMS-specific API. Also,
I'm thinking on implementing a gda-components process which will make use of this
libgdacomponents to provide all widgets in gda-clnt-ui as bonobo components. This
does not mean that you'll have to code a bonobo container to use the widgets.
They'll continue to be available as normal GTK widgets, but there will be this
gda-components process on top of them to be able to use them also as bonobo
components.

Ok, if no complains arise, I'll continue with this.