Re: Problems with non-oaf build

Brian Jepson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried building the latest GNOME-DB on a non-oaf system (RedHat 6.1
> intel, HelixCode GNOME + an RPM of bonobo 0.15 built without oaf), but I
> got the following errors:
>
> gda-mgr-providers.o: In function `fill_provider_list':
> /usr/src/bjepson/gnome/gnome-db/gda-manager/gda-mgr-providers.c:80:
> undefined reference to `GDA_PROVIDER_GOAD_TYPE'
> /usr/src/bjepson/gnome/gnome-db/gda-manager/gda-mgr-providers.c:81:
> undefined reference to `GDA_PROVIDER_GOAD_TYPE'
> /usr/src/bjepson/gnome/gnome-db/gda-manager/gda-mgr-providers.c:82:
> undefined reference to `GDA_PROVIDER_GOAD_TYPE'
>
> I commented out the reference to the gda-manager directory in the
> top-level Makefile, and all went well through installation.

it's now on CVS. I did change it the other day, but forgot to commit
this file.

> However, I then tried running the sample programs, including db_login,
> db_error, db_gui, and gda-rolodex.  When I run these, the login dialog
> appears, but I can't get past clicking OK. When I click OK, the following
> appears in my xterm, but the login dialog is not dismissed:
>
>   [bjepson@cx384756-a gda-clnt]$ gda-rolodex
>   gda-connection.c: 130: gda_connection_init called
>
>   Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!
>
>   ** WARNING **: MESSAGE: Registered with ID =
>   IOR:013012401e00000049444c3a4744412f436f6e6e... [long id chopped]
>
> The same thing happens with the db_* examples. In the db_* examples, I
> create a connection, then a login object (and associate the login object
> with the connection), and create a login dialog using that login object.
> Then, I register for the connection object's open signal:
>
>   /*
>    * Connect the connection's open event to the close_dialog()
>    * handler.
>    */
>   gtk_signal_connect_object_after(GTK_OBJECT(cnc),
>                                   "open",
>                                   GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(close_dialog),
>                                   GTK_OBJECT(logindlg));
>
> And close_dialog() looks like this:
>
>   gint close_dialog(GtkObject* dialog) {
>
>     /* Close the dialog */
>     gnome_dialog_close(GNOME_DIALOG(dialog));
>
>     dialog = NULL;    /* destroy the dialog */
>     gtk_main_quit();  /* terminate the main loop */
>   }
>
> Is my problem that the connection is never being opened? Is that what the
> "shmget failed" message indicates?

I have never seen this error. I don't know exactly what can be causing
the error, because as for the messages shown, the provider is activated.
I'll look into this. Maybe in one of the things I changed when migrating
to OAF...