Re: GNOME-DB TODO

> 2. I think that it is reasonable not to allow updates unless you know
>    what the primary key is.

You're right, but I would change the sentence to "it is not reasonable
to allow updates unless you can uniquely identify the row being
defined". It does not need to be the primary key.

> 4. Given the metadata available in dictionaries for many RDBMs,
>    (primaries, comments, foreign keys, constraints, etc), would it
>    be worth having a repesentation of this in gnome-db, made generic?

it's already there! for info on this, look in the documentation (in the
web site) the chapter about 'Datasource meta information'. Also, there
is the gda_connection_supports function , which lets you ask the
provider about specific features. And one of these features (along with
transaction support, sequences, ...), is one to ask if the provider
supports object ids per row.