Re: roadmap for 0.0.92

On mar, 29 fév 2000, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Well, now that the 0.0.91 version is out, we should start thinking on
> things to go for the next release. This is what I think:
>
> * XML queries: Vivien has done something about this in the postgres
> server. My idea is to integrate this in the XML interface. That is,
> we'll add a new method to the IDL interfaces (exec_xml or whatever) to
> be implemented by all providers. Then, the XML interface in the client
> lib should provide methods for creating/loading/saving a query, as it is
> done with tables and views right now.

Well, I have not yet started to implement anything regarding the XML queries in
the postgres provider, I wanted to discuss it more before doing anything. I'll
alos have to understand better how the gnome-db XML interface works.

> * GDA manager: I am working on the system-wide config stuff. When this
> is finished, we should add a bonobo component template which will then
> be used by all providers. This needs a deep study of bonobo, at least
> for my part.

For my part too!

I'm working on gASQL to make a release soon.
I have a question about the packaging: gnome-db needs the gnome-print libs,
which have not yet been integrated into gnome. Do you know where to get them
(except from CVS)?

Cheers!