Re: New postgres provider

Vivien Malerba wrote:

> Hi Rodrigo!
>
> I've just commited a new revision of the Postgres provider which implement the
> schemas as follows:
>
> SCHEMA_TABLES:
> returns (name, comments)
> * OBJECT_NAME may be given to specify one table in particular
> * EXTRA_INFO: if specified returns (name, owner, comments, SQL definition)
>
> PROV_TYPES:
> returns (name, comments)
> * OBJECT_NAME may be given to specify the SQL data type
> * EXTRA_INFO: if specified returns (name, comments, owner, GDA type
> (GDA_TypeVarchar as default), SQL type)  <--- changed since last time!
>
> For this I've implemented a kind of replacement method which replaces the
> contents given by PGresult to fit the needs of the GDA layer. This is done
> in the gda-postgres-recset.c::fill_field_values(). So some data (like the SQL
> definition of the table) is computed each time the user changed the cursor in
> the recordset. Tell me if you think this is a good idea (for speed
> reasons) before I continue to implement it for other schemas.

I've committed again the gda-postgres-connection.c file, since there was an extra
',' in the schema_columns SELECT.

> And could you (since I'm not at ease with all this CORBA stuff) modify the
> schemas to allow one to query sequences and the parents of a tables. Thanks.

Ok, added these 2 constraints:

GDA_Connection_GDCN_SCHEMA_SEQUENCES
GDA_Connection_GDCN_SCHEMA_TAB_PARENTS

you should, for these 2 schemas, use the same constraints as with the others:
OBJECT_NAME, OBJECT_CATALOG, EXTRA_INFO....

Cheers