gnome-db2

Hi all!

I am about to move all GNOME specific part to a new module in CVS:
gnome-db2, which I'll check in very soon. This is needed to complete the
clean separation between GDA and GNOME-DB. Also, I'm taking advantage of
this to make the GNOME part more GNOME-aware than before, that is
including Bonobo everywhere, making the switch to GConf instead of
gnome_config, etc, etc

So, for the moment, before I check in the new module, this is an advance
of the most important things I'm doing:

* use libgnomedbcomponents in libgnomedb. I've been thinking about this
one for long, for being able to use the DsnConfig components we talked
about in GnomeDb widgets, such as the GnomeDbDsnConfig widget. We can
make other uses out of it as well.
* extend gnome_db_init and added gnome_db_main and gnome_db_main_quit:
these functions are the equivalent of gnome/gtk_init, _main and
_main_quit. I've added to them all CORBA/OAF, Bonobo and GNOME
initialization and main loop management, so that now a GNOME-DB app is
like this:

	int main (...)
	{
		gnome_db_init("app-name", "0.1", argc, argv);
		gnome_db_main((GtkFunction) prepare_app);
		return 0;
	}

thus client programs don't have to deal with oaf/gnorba,
bonobo/not_bonobo stuff.
* bonobize the manager and the front end: although they were already a
bit bonobo-aware, now I'm adding code for exporting their interfaces via
Bonobo. This will make possible their use in other applications.
* improve the libraries: I haven't done too much on this, so I'd like to
hear opinions on what to do. Think that using bonobo we can make very
nice things. Also, I'd like to fix all missing stuff and add new
features to the already-existing widgets. One that could need a facelift
is the grid: it misses row numbers, print supports, better look. Another
thing is that support in glade for those widgets should be updated to
the current state. Any voluteers?

A missing thing both in libgda and gnome-db2, are packages. Both spec
and debian stuff is broken or is not present at all. Akira, I'm sorry
for giving you so much work, but this is needed as the last
restructuration before a really-stable release. For the spec files, I'd
be very grateful if somebody wants to help.

And last, please all new code you add (queries, reports, etc), do it to
libgda. As for the GNOME part, wait a little bit, or just add it to the
current gnome-db module. But remember that gnome-db module is going to
die very soon!

And finally, I am going on holidays for 3 weeks, so I won't be very
active, although sometimes I'll read email.

see you!