Re: separating libgda and gnome-db

Akira TAGOH wrote:

> Hello,

> RM> Hi all!
> RM> Well, I've decided to separate once for all the GDA and the GNOME parts
> RM> of gnome-db. I'm doing this by creating a new module in CVS called
> RM> libgda where I'm putting all the GDA part, and which will be included in
> RM> the gnome-db source tree as soon as it's finished.
>
> RM> Doing this will drop all the GNOME dependencies for ever in the GDA
> RM> part.
>
> When this work was over, do you intend to delete a GDA part
> from gnome-db module?

yes, I'm even thinking on reworking some parts of gnome-db. But we'll
see.

> I'm worried whether libgda is treated as the other package
> in future.

well, yes, I forgot to say that. You should add the debian directory to
the new libgda module and make there the new debs we talked about
(libgda libgda-devel, gda-postgres, gda-mysql...). But if you want, just
add it now to the gnome-db module and then we'll make the move to the
other module.

Cheers