Re: Antw: New gda-report's DTD

Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:

> "David T. Bath" escribió:
>
> [...]
>
> > However, the more I think about this, the more I think that looking at
> > glade, libglade and libxml is a good idea.  The report should be
> > capable of being rendered for screen (with resizeable grid columns,
> > explodable trees) or for print (where everything is displayed fully).
> > This implies ONE report spec and TWO renderings.  I am reminded of
> > the idea associated with libglade/libxml of using glade to generate
> > the first cut of the UI, with associated events/signals, but the
> > C program binds the UI at runtime.  Anybody need a rundown on the
> > details of this?  I can give pointers to a tutorial at IBM Developer
> > Works if needed.
>
> Well, thanks but at the moment i'm making tests with libglade and i have
> readed this IBM's tutorial a few months ago. I think as you, this should
> be the best option to implement the Report viewer and of course the
> Report designer.

but, I don't understand why you want libglade for. The output of the
report should be rendered with gnome-print IMO, which has a preview
option, and which you can directly send to the printer, whereas a form
in glade format could be quite difficult to print.

And about the report designer, well, it could be an option, but is it
worthy?