Re: Antw: New gda-report's DTD

"David T. Bath" escribió:

[...]

> However, the more I think about this, the more I think that looking at
> glade, libglade and libxml is a good idea.  The report should be
> capable of being rendered for screen (with resizeable grid columns,
> explodable trees) or for print (where everything is displayed fully).
> This implies ONE report spec and TWO renderings.  I am reminded of
> the idea associated with libglade/libxml of using glade to generate
> the first cut of the UI, with associated events/signals, but the
> C program binds the UI at runtime.  Anybody need a rundown on the
> details of this?  I can give pointers to a tutorial at IBM Developer
> Works if needed.

Well, thanks but at the moment i'm making tests with libglade and i have
readed this IBM's tutorial a few months ago. I think as you, this should
be the best option to implement the Report viewer and of course the
Report designer.

> I'll have more to say next week about group headers/footers, and the
> possible need for them to run their own query, this query having
> parameters
> bound to values passed down from the main query, and thus avoiding
> HUGE joins in the main query.
> --
> David T. Bath bathd@edipost.auspost.com.au
> +613 9204 8713 (W) 0418 316 634 (Mbl)

Great, i see that we are making something !!!

Proprietary reports engines, here we go!!!!

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
carlos@hispalinux.es