Re: restructuration

> > you'll need a recent version of GNOME, I think the one shipped with
> > RH6.1 might be a bit old, but there shouldn't be any problem. But, as
> > soon as you find a little one, you should better upgrade to Helix GNOME
> > (www.helixcode.com). Apart from this, you'll need Bonobo. If you want, I
> > can send you RPMs for the very latest version, which I built myself.
> >

> Ok, thanks (I actually have a rh6.2 cd somewhere around here, I'm just
> dreading bring down a lot of packages until my DSL line is re-installed
> -- just moved and it takes forever and a day to get dsl).

6.2 also has a quite old version of GNOME. If you've got easy access to
internet, I suggest you to upgrade to Helix GNOME as I said, which is
the bleeding edge version of GNOME, and on which you can run "unstable"
things, like Bonobo, OAF, etc, without problems.

> Anyway, I'm
> going on vacation tommorow and won't be back for a week, so I'll bring
> everything down then.  BTW, I was also interested in doing a gnome-vfs
> module for MS Access files (using libmdb, my other project).  Anybody got
> a feel if the gnome-vfs/Nautilus stuff is stable enough to start that
> undertaking?

I don't know. Today precisely, I've been trying to compile it, but I
haven't been able, so I have never tested it. But the gnome-vfs lib
seems quite stable, so you can get in touch with the maintainer (I'm not
sure who it is) to tell him/her about this. I'm almost sure they will
accept something like that in gnome-vfs.

Cheers

PS: Brian, whenever you want the RPMS, just shout and I'll send them to
you.