Re: Gnome-DB

[Message forwarded to the list]

Hi Chris!

This is a message for you!

> Just a quick question, I note that in the configure script for gnome-db
> you are only checking for the static library and I was wondering why
> this was so.  The mysql-client rpm that I have only includes the shared
> library and hence the mysql stuff is not found.

I think we left it like this because some older MySQL versions just
include the static library, and AFAIK, it was also included in all the
newer ones. But it seems not, from what you say. Maybe what we should do
is check for both, and use the first one found.

[Chris is the person maintaining the MySQL part.]