Re: Comple error

On Sun, Nov 14, 1999 at 02:58:05AM -0700, Kevin Handy wrote:
> I get the following error:

> ../gda/gda.idl:197: Error: `GNOME' undeclared identifier

If you are using the redhat RPMs of gnome, you almost certainly need to
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdif=/etc when you run configure.

Which means your dumping non-RPMed programs into your system directory.
Not ususally a good thing. I don't know if the gnome-db releases have the
stuff to build rpms or not...

I think at some point gnome-libs added the ability to use an environment
variable to enumerate these locations, maybe $GNOME_PATH, but I'm not sure.
I don't know if the redhat 6.0 RPMs are new enough for this.

Hope that helps solve your problem.

Sam <shunter@bigsky.net>