Re: new sources in CVS

Stephan Heinze wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Dec 1999 15:11:17 Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> >
> > That's missing code, there should be an optional
> > GDA_Connection_TABLE|PROC|TYPE_NAME constraint type, so that we can ask for
> > extended info about one object of any type. For tables and views, it is
> > GDA_Connection_TABLE_NAME, but I'm going to change it to
> > GDA_Connection_NAME,
> > so that we can use it for any object type.
>
> okay.
>
> Question: in gda.h following QTypes are provided:
>
> * GDA_Connection_GDCN_SCHEMA_PROCS
>    I'll return Name and Commments if no extra_info wanted and
>    name, owner, comments, SQL if extra_info is wanted

Ok

> * GDA_Connection_GDCN_SCHEMA_PROC_PARAMS
>    name and type of the arguments ?

We didn't talk about this one before, and it's not implemented in any server, so
suggestions?

> * GDA_Connection_GDCN_SCHEMA_PROC_COLUMNS
>    what should I return here ??? the source of the procedure? should
> this be
>    displayed in the FE?
>    line number, text

The same as above. so please, for the moment, have a look at the GnomeDbBrowser
widget and just implement the schemas supported by it, that is: tables, views,
procedures, and types (with extra_info for all of them). As the other schemas
need a longer thought.

Cheers