Re: new sources in CVS

Stephan Heinze wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 15:22:26 Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> >
> > Hi all!
>
> hi ho (it's me - not santa :)
>
> > Just a note to tell you that I've added some lot of things to CVS. An
> > important one is the schema stuff in the GnomeDbBrowser widget, which
> > now supports the new schema constraints discussed last week. Also, the
> > postgres server has been modified to return the exact semantics for each
> > of the schemas.
> >
> > These changes have been made in parallel to the gda-dev/templates
> > directory. So, if you are going to start a new server (or changing an
> > existing one, Bruno), have a look at them so that you get a breeze of
> > what a server looks like.
>
> I'm still working on the oracle-server (schema-implementation) and I
> found some things:
>
> * in schema_view extra-info AND table_name constraint are included
>   to build the query.
>   in schema_table not! I hacked the schema_table in the same way in
>   the oracle-server (if constraint TABLE_NAME is given - you'll only
>   get the informations for this table)

That's missing code, there should be an optional
GDA_Connection_TABLE|PROC|TYPE_NAME constraint type, so that we can ask for
extended info about one object of any type. For tables and views, it is
GDA_Connection_TABLE_NAME, but I'm going to change it to GDA_Connection_NAME,
so that we can use it for any object type.

> * fe: in the details of the views table there are extra-infos displayed.
>   I would display the columns like in table-details.

Yes, I was thinking the same but finished with the current implementation for
committing the changes ASAP to CVS so that you could start on your schemas.

> Rodrigo: You'll get a new gda-oracle-connection.c this evening for
> checkin.

Perfect! BTW, I forgot to send the mail asking for your CVS account, sorry.
Sending it now!

> I wish you all a night without work from friday to saturday :)

Not me! HE, HE! I'll be on holidays, very far from Madrid (and my boss) and
with no phone (no mobile) till the 10th January!!

Cheers!