I've found the bug!!

Hi all!

I don't know if any of you have been experiencing core dumps anytime you
made an error in the SQL, or connection problems because of server
crashes. Well, I've found the bug. It was because none of the servers
filled in all the fields in Gda_Error structures. Then, in an ORBit
generated file, there was a call to strlen() on the missing fields,
which produces a nice core dump. I've changed all the servers and now
I've got a nice GnomeDbErrorDlg widget showing me all the info about
these errors.

Stephan: the same for the Oracle server (Did you ever try to type bad
SQL or fail the login on purpose? or maybe you are using an older
version of ORBit, as this worked perfectly well before, the fields were
set to NULL in the other servers). In gda-oracle-error.c, function
gda_oracle_error_make(), error->helpfile and error->helpctxt are set to
0. Fill them in with whatever you prefer (g_strdup("not available") is a
good choice for example if you don't know what to put there).

I did it on my local copy, but this didn't solve the crash. I'll
investigate further more thanks to gdb, which finds these bugs for me!!