schemas (was: Re: fixes on gda...)

at Fri, 17 Dec 1999 23:48:04 Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> [check gda.h (generated by ORBit) for the list of schemas, although note
> that any of
> them can be removed if not needed or any other added]
>
> So we can add to any of them a second parameter (GDCN_SCHEMA_EXTRA_INFO)

who has to do that and when will it be available via anonymous-cvs ??? :)

> which will
> return extended info about the given objects, whereas the simple version
> will just
> return, as you said, name, comments and little else
>
> If you agree with the schema constraint stuff, this is my first suggestion
> on the
> sets of data:
>
> * GDCN_SCHEMA_TABLES -> name, comments
> * GDCN_SCHEMA_TABLES, GDCN_SCHEMA_EXTRA_INFO -> name, owner, comments,
> create_cmd
> (???)
> * GDCN_SCHEMA_COLS, table_name -> field_name, type, size, precision,

Q: what should be filled into type? the name of the gda-type or the
type provided by the RDBMS? numeric or text?

> nullable,

Q: filled with 'Yes'| 'No' or 'Y'|'N' or 'true'|'false' or 't'|'f' or
'nullable'|'not nullable' or get the string from the RDBMS?

> comments
> * GDCN_SCHEMA_PROV_TYPES -> name, comments
> * GDCN_SCHEMA_PROV_TYPES, GDCN_SCHEMA_EXTRA_INFO -> name, owner, size,
> comments
> (???)
> * GDCN_SCHEMA_VIEWS -> name, comments
> * GDCN_SCHEMA_VIEWS, GDCN_SCHEMA_EXTRA_INFO -> name, owner, create_cmd,
> comments
> * GDCN_SCHEMA_INDEXES -> name, comments
> * GDCN_SCHEMA_INDEXES, GDCN_SCHEMA_EXTRA_INFO -> name, owner, create_cmd,
> comments,
> field1, ...field[n]

uniquenes should IMHO be added and field[n] should moved to an
schema like:

GDCN_SCHEMA_ICOLS, index_name -> column_name, type

just my 2 cents

ciao

stephan

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
                                                        John Lennon