Re: install bugs

Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:

> Well, I finally got the gnomeConf.sh problem and the aclocal problem
> sorted (thanks to help from this list), now autogen claims that I have
> no ORBit environment, when I clearly do:
>
> checking for orbit-idl... no
> checking for working ORBit environment... no
> configure: error: ORBit not installed or installation problem

Again, you need ORBit-devel RPM

> No doubt its another RPM-install related problem.  I'm not keen on
> re-installing my system non-RPM.  Am I going to continue running into
> these problems?  If so, I should probably consider an alternate solution
> to gnome-db.  Is this software not at the stage where one can be
> productive with it?

Well, all releases up-to-date are development versions, but the app is more
or less usable, at least for me (I've got a big database of stupid data that
I've been creating during gnome-db tests, and I manage it, with some
problems, but I can create, drop, insert, delete...). But, as it is a
development version (only source code, no RPMS), you will need lots of
*-devel.rpm files. If somebody knows how to create RPMs from gnome-db
sources, please feel free to do it. We can provide a RPM package even for a
development version, or not?