Re: Usability process

bruno@virgoplus.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> No matter how I try to run gnome-db,
> I can't figure out how to have an access to my MySQL server.

How are you trying to run it?

> Could someone help with a procedure to make it run ?
> I have gnome-db 0.0.27 compiled and installed, but I don't know what to
> launch, or
> what to do...

First of all, start gdafe, which must be located in $prefix/bin. Then, go
to the menu Options->GDA configuration, and in the dialog box that appears,
create a new data source definition. Specify the following:

GDA Name -> <data source name>
Provider -> gda-mysql
DSN -> This contains all options passed to the MySQL backend and they are:
        HOST=<hostname>
        DATABASE=<database name>
        PORT=<port>
        UNIX_SOCKET=<socket>
        FLAGS=<flags>
    These arguments are optional, and are MySQL specific, so check your
documentation
Description -> <description>
Config -> None (put None as is)

Then, apply the new configuration and go to the open connection dialog and
select the newly created data source, and enter your MySQL username and
password. If you have compiled the MySQL GDA server (--with-mysql= option
in configure/autogen.sh) it should work.