Re: oracle server

Okke Timm wrote:

Hi Okke,

[snip]

> how do I configure an Oracle-GDA ? There
> is no example in the gdalib.sample, with DSN=<sid> I get an "Database <sid>
> not found" and with DSN=DATABASE=<sid> the gda-oracle-server crashes.

1) configure your tnsnames.ora if you want to connect per listener
2) set your ORACLE-environment in your profile, so that gnome can access
this
   environment vars.
3) DSN=DATABASE=service or let DSN still untouched (empty) to connect to
the
   $ORACLE_SID

hope that works.

btw.: can you mail me (stephan.heinze@xcom.de) the
/tmp/gda-oracle-srv.log to
check the crash - perhaps you got the backtraces(gdb) of the crash?

kind regards

stephan

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
                                                        John Lennon