Re: Gnome in MAC OS X/x11

Karl D. Middlebrooks wrote:
Fink is probably the easiest way to get a Gnome version working on OS X. However, I believe that Fink is only up to the 2.4 release of Gnome (the current version is 2.6.1, I believe). There's also Darwinports at http://darwinports.org; I haven't used it a lot, but it's reasonably easy to get around with as well, and I believe they may have ported Gnome 2.6 (at least, they have a portfile for the 2.6 version of the gnome-vfs package, which is a good sign.

we do have gnome 2.6, and i am hoping to bump the version to 2.6.1 in about 3 weeks (or later if i have the time).

the ports available in our gnome category is here: http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/ports/?by=cat&substr=gnome