[gnome-cyr] Re: Russian gimp-help-2 translation merge

Hi Roman

В Пнд, 12/06/2006 в 05:36 +0200, Roman Joost пишет:
> Hi Nickolay,
>
> On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 05:03:02PM +0400, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
> > You know there is a project dedicated to translation of gimp-help to
> > Russian
> >
> > http://developer.berlios.de/projects/gimp-help-2-ru/
> I know, I know :) I tried to contact Roxana before my vacation to start
> to merge the russian content, but real life was going stressfull. Now
> I'm back and haven't had time to finish my Mail to her.
>
> > Of course such work seems a bit unefficient. Can you please describe the
> > ways needed to merge the translation? Should it be a patch or should we
> > provide a set of structured patches? Should we commit the changes
> > ourselfs? It would be nice to add MAINTAINERS and update HACKING patch
> > to exclude such kind of questions.
> I think the best way would be to start by creating patches of your and
> our versions, so that you get patches where only the russian content is
> the difference. Start by merging them.
>
> Probably starting with small changes (like one or two files) and if that
> works well, we can speed this up.
>
> Sound this like a plan?

That's a perfect plan, actually it won't go faster since substantial
work should be made to merge everything together, but it's even better
if we'll be able to do it step by step.

I am CC'ing mavka (Roxana) and Cyrillic mailing list (if somebody there
will be going to help). I've prepared two patches for current HEAD. I
hope, they will be a good start.