Re: [gnome-cyr] Re: gtksourceview/po/ru.po: ЭйчТМЛ? WTF?

Hi Тимур,

Данас у 12:07, Timur I. Bakeyev написа:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:59:12 +0400
>   Mikhail Zabaluev <mhz altlinux org> wrote:
>
>>>Поэтому и возникло
>>> решение - буквы, имеющие прямое отображение в кириллице передавать
>>> транслитерацией, остальные - транскрибировать. Отсюда и возник
>>> ЭйчТМЛ,
>>> вместо ХТМЛ или Эйч-Ти-Эм-Эль, как я пробовал передавать вначале. И
>>> опять же, везде в скобках остаётся английская аббревиатура.
>
> Правильно, конечно ГТМЯ (HTML) :)))

I'd rather say:
Језик (Язик in Russian?) за Означавање НадТекста, or ЈОНТ ;)
Good property of „НадТекст“ is that it looks same as „HyperText“
(„над“ means „over“, or „better than“ in Serbian, and is used in
constructs such as „натчовек“).

However, the most interesting one to me is HTTP (or is that НТТР/NTTR? :)

That puts the issue out in the open: if you don't go for
transcription, you lose out completely, because newcomers won't know a
thing you're talking about, and they even won't know how to read it or
call it (is that „н-т-т-р“ or „ејч-ти-ти-ар“).  I.e. they can't read
it, and they can't learn it.

> В общем, если често, то я тоже против настолько тотальной кириллизации
> - как ни крути, а многие сокращения уже устоялись и просто не
> воспринимаются подругому.

So, I'm looking forward to your opinion on „HTTP“: should it be
transcribed, translated or what? (This is as relevant to Serbian,
where we're facing the same problem, and don't have a proper solution
either).  Using „тоталну ћирилизацију“ (as you put it), we'd at least
solve the issue of clarity and precision: one can make no mistake
about it.

Наздравље,
Данило