Re: [gnome-cy] amendments/updates for cy.po

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 10:54:13PM +0000, Chris M. Jackson wrote:
> I always thought that in the majority of cases, foreign words and
> phrases are to be kept in the original spelling and accentuation.
> Hence alpha.

Most often, 'foreign' words are actually converted to English
orthography from the original language. So there's no reason not to
convert them back.

When I studied A-level Physics in Welsh it was definitely Alffa, Beta
and Gama radiation but Lambda was left unchanged.

Dafydd Tomos                                <URL:>

gnome-cy mailing list
gnome-cy pengwyn linux org uk