Re: thanks for the patches

Jakub Friedl <jfriedl suse cz>, Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:08:05 +0100:

> thanks for the patches
>
> i will look at them, but i have been sick and i am now overwhelmed by
> significant backlogs, so it will take few days

Glad to hear you are back and recovered. Unfortunately, I have bad
news. I have completed one more portion of translations, which seems to be
about to add another item to your to-do list. Fast-user-switch-applet,
libwnck and metacity are concerned, to be specific. A summary
of all the translations is as follows:

<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/fast-user-switch-applet-cs.tgz>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gnome-applets-cs.tgz>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gnome-media-cs.tgz>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gnome-menus-cs.tgz>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gnome-panel-cs.tgz>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gnome-screensaver-cs.tgz>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gnome-session-cs.tgz>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gtk-cs.tgz>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/libgnomekbd-cs.tgz>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/libwnck-cs.tgz>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/metacity-cs.tgz>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gdm-cs.tgz> (for GNOME 2.20)

As usual, each archive consists of a catalogue, a patch and a binary. An
export to HTML has also been done:

<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/fast-user-switch-applet.cs.po.html>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gnome-applets.cs.po.html>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gnome-media.cs.po.html>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gnome-menus.cs.po.html>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gnome-panel.cs.po.html>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gnome-screensaver.cs.po.html>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gnome-session.cs.po.html>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/gtk.cs.po.html>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/libgnomekbd.cs.po.html>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/libwnck.cs.po.html>
<http://www.bystrc.net/l10n/metacity.cs.po.html>

Metacity and libwnck have a set of terms linked together. There, I changed
the below-mentioned translations.

"Unroll" had been originally translated as "vyrolovat". Such a form
doesn't really look like a part of the literary language. The very same
applies for "roll up" translated as "zarolovat", "unmaximize" as
"demaximalizovat" and, finally, "unminimize" as "deminimalizovat". The last
two mentioned pretend to be morphologically well-formed, but no dictionary
I use gives any ground for concluding that it is correct after all. I dared
to change the translations accordingly: "rozvinout", "svinout" (the root of
those two words had been, in fact, used in catalogues before), "zrušit
maximalizaci", "zrušit minimalizaci". (I know that using the periphrastic
phrase is not an ideal solution, but to be frankly, the spellchecker doesn't
complain anymore. Furthermore, this way was chosen by Polish and
Slovak teams, if I remember correctly.)

Any comments welcome.

Regards,
Petr Kovar