Unable to access internet or anything

I'm trying to test my shell extension on 3.14. I'm using Boxes (3.12) on
Gentoo. Unfortuntely, I cannot find any way to get my extension into
this VM.

For some reason the network connection does not work, the webpage says
to select virtio in virt-manager, but it was already on this setting.
Network works fine on my Ubuntu VM, so I tried changing the setting to
match what that image was using, but still nothing.

I also can't seem to access USB devices, or the host clipboard despite
enabling the setting in Boxes.

In short, I can not find any way to get my extension into the VM, except
by typing out all the files manually.